Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Long Pose Drawing Demos

The Winter 2013 term is starting soon! I'll be teaching Long Pose Figure, Figure/Costume Quick Sketch and Figure Construction. For more info you can check out my class sidebar to the right, or visit LAAFA's registration page (I teach Thursdays and Sundays). 

Here are some demos from my Long Pose Figure Drawing class this term. Once again, we've had some really excellent models and a dedicated, hardworking group of students.




This is the most recent demo done over the course of a 4-week pose. As with previous classes, I really encourage students to be thorough in their explorations of the model and tackle complex areas head on, always striving for an analytical understanding of the form. 

Below is the demo drawing for our first 3-week pose, along with its corresponding muscular and skeletal breakdown.    




No comments: