Sunday, July 19, 2009

les poissons et autres choses

By popular demand, here's a shot of the fish still life. I didn't quite finish it last night, since the fish started to smell and I was exhausted...in all it was maybe 4 or 5 hours of work...maybe less. I'm not thrilled about the result because I sorta got myself into a mess towards the end....but painting fish is a one-shot deal and I actually did learn quite a bit from doing this. I think the color/value was ok in this one, though the drawing is not as good as I would have liked and the paint got wayy overworked in some areas. Better luck next time!! Anyway, will post a better picture of the painting itself later in the day.

Also, I finally finished that painting of the Pier Cafe at Seaport.

PS. This post title is about the last time I will ever use my high school french

2 comments:

Betsy Bauer said...

You are my painting hero! I can't believe how good your color accuracy has gotten. I say that every time, but I'm surprised again and again with each painting!

ramon said...

Thanks Betsy! I'm in awe of your excellent designing abilities, so I think we're even haha